Saturday, 22 February 2014

Vanilla Cake for 2 pint bundt tin - Recipe


Recipe 2 pint bundt tin
Aldi Bundt tin 
I have a simple cake recipe that works very well for the 2 pint Bundt tin I bought from Aldi sometime ago. I have used this basic recipe several times, including a cake I supplied for my nieces school Christmas Fair. Now I am not sure who bought the cake but I know the school matron asked my sister for the recipe, so this post is especially for her.

Vanilla Cake Recipe

Oven temp 165 degrees/ gas mark 3

2 eggs
4 oz plain flour
3/4 tbsp baking powder
4 oz soften butter
4 oz caster sugar
1 1/3 tbsp milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions
Grease the cake tin thoroughly.
Add all the ingredients into a bowl, and mix with an electric whisk until well combined and smooth. Bake for 35 mins or until the cake is firm to the touch and golden brown. You should leave the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.


Once cooled I decorate with a simple icing glaze, made with water and icing sugar. You can always add some extra flavour by adding a few drops of peppermint essence or rosewater. Or even replace the water with lemon/orange juice.

A drizzle of peppermint icing and some sprinkles gives this cake that Christmas candy cane feel.
I love using this Aldi bundt tin, it's my new favourite cake to bake! I am entering this cake recipe into the Love Cakes baking challenge this months theme is Baking with Passion.

10 comments:

  1. It sounds lovely, it is surprising the amount of useful stuff you can find in the centre aisles at Aldi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this same tin but I've never used it as I've never worked out the quantities needed for a cake mix! Thanks for linking up with this month's Love Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious - shared on twitter. I wish I did more baking - I never seem to have the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. faye huntington10 March 2014 14:46

    oh wow! that is one attractive looking cake! i love that it is pink too for spring! :) faye xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I managed to make this at the weekend - turned out great :) thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing and I love the sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This vanilla cake looks lovely - and lovely blog.
    kind regards,
    ShirlR (beadbagsfoodee.blogspot)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely bundts! The pink one is gloriously girly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all so pretty - and making me very tempted to finally get a bundt tin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes do Lucy, trest yourself to a Bundt tin or pop it on your birthday list :)

      Angela

      Delete

I really do appreciate you leaving me a comment and I enjoy reading them all. Thank you so much.
Angela x