Thursday, 13 February 2014

Left over chocolate for a Valentines treat

chocolate moulds
Valentine chocolate hearts
My niece received an ample supply of chocolate at Christmas, particularly white chocolate which she does not like.  As her aunt I felt it my duty to help relieve her excess chocolate problem. My intention was to practice with my chocolate moulds and also make some Valentine chocolate treats, though I confess to eating a certain amount.

These treats were shared around the family, they were prizes for silly party games for my mums birthday.


Make your own chocolate hearts
  • Melt the chocolate, white chocolate can be a little tricky as it is sensitive to higher temperatures when melting, but all worked out well. Here is a helpful guide to melting chocolate if you are unsure how to do it.
  • I used greaseproof paper and drew a heart shaped template. 
  • Spoon the melted chocolate into a disposable piping bag, snipped the end off and commenced creating my chocolate hearts. 
  • I decorated with some candy hearts I was sent last year from Home Bargins for my Checkerboard Chocolate Showstopper Cake
  • Leave to set.
melting chocolate
Sweet chocolate hearts

I am entering these into February's Treat Petite challenge theme of Loved Ones, hosted by Cakeyboi and The Baking Explorer.


3 comments:

  1. love these need to give them a go http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Angela - so easy and effective. Thanks for entering them into Treat Petite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are brilliant - really creative :)

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate you leaving me a comment and I enjoy reading them all. Thank you so much.
Angela x