Tuesday, 29 January 2013

All Occasion Sweet Shop Hamper Review and Sweet Fairy Cakes


There is nothing quite so exciting as having a whole sweetie shop delivered to your door, even as an adult. That is exactly what happened to lucky me when I took delivery of a wicker hamper full of fabulous sweeties from the All Occasion Sweet Shop.


What an amazing collection of retro sweets it contained, there was something for everyone in the family, and it did not take long for everyone who passed the hamper to lay claim to their favourites.  Whether that be the White Chocolate Mice, Foam Shrimps or Bananas, the Reese’s Pieces, Love Hearts, Parma Violets, Jelly Hearts, Candy Necklaces, Refresher Chews, Flying Saucers, Lollipops, Love Heart Lipsticks, Sherbet Fountains, Rainbow Drops, Jelly Fish, Wham Bars, or Lucky Charms - so many, I’m sure I’ve missed some out. 


I have to say it was a delight to receive. The wicker hamper is of good quality with a handle and buckle straps, the handle is on top of the hamper not the side so when you pick it up everything stays as it should and not tip over.  The sweets are teasingly encased in tissue paper, just waiting to be discovered, the most difficult part is to decide which of your favourites to eat first - or are you like me and like to keep your favourite for last. 

You can just share and eat your way through the hamper, but for me this was the perfect opportunity to bake and create. That’s just what I have been busy doing, adding Love Hearts and Jelly Hearts and Reese`s Pieces to fairy cakes and I do hope you like my special Butterfly Cakes using the Candy Necklace sweets. 
Love Heart and Jelly Heart Fairy Cakes or
Candy Sweet Fairy Cakes

Reece's Pieces and Chocolate Ganache Fairy Cakes
There is a good choice of sweet hampers and unique gifts are offering readers of my blog 15% discount with the unique voucher code (GTCM15)! 

I was sent a sweet hamper free of charge for the purposes of this review.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - these sweets take me back a few years. What a lovely idea for a hamper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have decorated your cupcakes - so very pretty:)

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate you leaving me a comment and I enjoy reading them all. Thank you so much.
Angela x