Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Ghost on a Stick - Chocolate Halloween Treat


Boo!! Sorry I hope I didn't scare you, but I'm getting rather carried away of late with melting chocolate and this week thought I would create a Ghost on a Stick for Halloween. Just like the Chocolate Lollipops I made earlier this month these are simple to make.

You will need:-
  • lolly sticks
  • white chocolate
  • piping bag
  • baking paper or non stick sheet
  • chocolate drops
  • small spatula or knife
  • saucepan
  • glass bowl
A tall glass for your piping bag
makes pour the chocolate in easier


  • Heat some water in a saucepan, place a glass bowl onto the saucepan ensuring the bowl does not touch the hot water. Add  the chocolate pieces into the bowl and allow to melt slowly. 
  • Place the baking sheet onto a tray, this way it's easier to move the chocolate lollies if you need to pop them into the fridge to cool. You may find it helpful to draw your chocolate ghost design.

  • Once melted scoop the chocolate into the piping bag, careful it will be very warm. Pipe the outline of the lolly (see photo above), then fill the inside with more chocolate and remember to add your stick. You will need to spread the chocolate flat using a small spatula or butter knife.
  • Add two plain chocolate drops for the eyes - there you have it a Ghost on a Stick!

Now you just have to wait for the chocolate to set, ten minutes in the fridge will speed this up.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to sound dense but can I ask the approx. quantity of chocolate you used and how many ghosts it made? I would like to make these for Halloween but I'm no good at estimating quantities :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking Ali, hope this helps - working back from the amount of chocolate drops left in the packet I think I used about 150g of white chocolate drops and this made 6 lollies. They were great fun to make and surprisingly I still have one left, that is until my niece next opens the fridge door ;)

      Delete

I really do appreciate you leaving me a comment and I enjoy reading them all. Thank you so much.
Angela x